Laboratoria exists to give a career in tech to thousands of women in Latin America, transforming their future and the industry that receives them. Our program is based on a 5 month coding bootcamp, followed by a continuing education that bootcamp graduates take while working. What makes Laboratoria special is our social impact. Our students are young women from low income backgrounds with huge potential and our program is designed to enable them with the education they need to succeed in the tech world. That includes i) technical curricula (focused on web development and UX designed), ii) Socio emotional skills reinforcement and iii) English, focused on building the language skills they need to communicate in the tech world. We have designed a vocational english program with the support of the US government called “English for Developers”. It started in Lima and we are now bringing it to Chile and Mexico, where we need to set up the execution team. If you want to be part of a team that seeks excellence in everything they do, we want to talk to you.
What you will do:
- Be part of the teaching team of our Continuing Education program, being the lead teacher of our “English for Developers” program, which takes place two nights per week and Saturday mornings. The program was tailor-made with the USA Embassy in Lima and follows the principles of the Agile Classroom Manifiesto
- Participate in the continuous improvement of our educational syllabus and teaching methodology.
- Give permanent follow up to our students’ progress, taking special consideration to those to the cases that need it
- Actively support the student’s academic difficulties.
- An amazing teacher of the English language.
- A techie person, always on top of the latest on technology and eager to use tech platforms to teach English.
- Ideally, you have experience on task based learning and blended learning.
- Passionate about the education of adolescents/adults.
- Autonomous. You have amazing organization skills, integrity, and follow-through on tasks.
- You are creative, willing to think outside the box and beyond the obvious and take risks, always looking for ways to go for the extra mile and exceed your goals.
- You easily adapt to new teaching methodologies.
- You communicate well in front of an audience and aim to engage them passionately with what you are teaching.
- You want to be part of an organisation that dreams big and wants to have a positive impact on the world.
- 3+ years of experience
- Advanced English and basic Spanish
- Preferably experience/knowledge of the tech´s world
This position is based in Mexico City or Santiago,Chile, and it`s compatible with a full-time job. We need you here for two nights per week and on Saturdays. To apply, please send us your LinkedIn profile and a letter of intent to email@example.com, specifying the position you are applying for and your city of choice.